Today is the first day of PAX West, and oh my goodness, WE’RE SO EXCITED.
We want to give everyone a chance to play Cat Lady, regardless of whether or not they’re able to see us in Seattle, so we’re happy to share that Sept 20th -22nd, we’ll be running a Private Beta Weekend for Cat Lady! This’ll be your chance to play the game and, we hope, provide us feedback on what we’ve got so far.
BONUS: There’ll also be a fun incentive to encourage you to give us feedback. Keep reading to find out more. 🎁
Cat Lady Private Beta Weekend Details!
🎮 What is a private beta?
This is your chance to play the game in one of it’s early stages! We’ll be sending out Steam keys that’ll ONLY be active during the Beta Weekend, and during that time frame, you can play it as much as you’d like. Since this is a beta build, that means things are subject to change. What we’re hoping for is your feedback! We want to make this a game YOU enjoy, and you playing and letting us know what you think? SUPER helpful!
😻 How to sign up?
Visit catladygame.com and sign up for our newsletter by 11:59 PM PST September 17th. This is how we’ll know where to send your key!
👀 You said something about an incentive?
We can’t sneak anything past your eagle eyes! Yes, we WILL have an giveaway accompanying this event. If you provide us feedback using the official feedback form (which we’ll provide in the email on Sept 20th with the key) you’ll be entered to win some official Cat Lady swag!
We’ll randomly select THREE winners from the pool of entries. See giveaway details below for all the legal stuff. While think the best prize is the gift of knowing you helped make a video game even better, we hope you enjoy the chance to win some sweet swag. 😉
OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Area”) who are at least 13 years old and located in the Area at the time of entry. Additionally, the following people are not eligible for entry in this contest: employees and contractors of Rose City Games or employees, contractors, directors and officers of VIZ Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries or promotional partners for this contest, and any advertising, fulfillment, judging or promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this contest (collectively the “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of any employee, contractor, director or officer of one of the Contest Parties. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will begin on or about 09:00 AM (Pacific) on Sept 20th and end on or about 11:59 PM (Pacific) on Sept 24th (“Contest Period”). To enter the contest you must submit feedback about Cat Lady to the developers via the official Google feedback form during the Contest Period (“Entry”). Only valid Entries will be considered for prizes, and there is no limit to the number of entries you can submit. Entries that do not comply with these rules will be disqualified. Contest Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged or incomplete entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Contest Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of the Entry, including without limitation faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or contest service) and facsimiles are not allowed. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Three winners will be randomly selected by Rose City Games in its sole discretion of all valid entries made during the Contest Period on or about September 25th, 2019, and the winner will be informed on or about September 25th,2019. Sponsor may announce the winners through its website, its social media accounts, and by using the winner’s name or applicable username in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the contest. Becoming a winner of the prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be asked to provide a mailing address for the shipment of the prize. If any prize correspondence (including e-mail or regular mail) is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, prize will be shipped (if shipment is required) within 4 weeks of drawing date.
4. PRIZES: Rose City Games will select THREE (3) winners who will receive an official Cat Lady pin, Rose City Games sticker, and Cat Lady plushie. All expenses not specifically set forth herein are winner's sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize(s) will be awarded only to an address within the Area stated in the eligibility above. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor's decisions with regard to these Official Rules and the contest, which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the contest and select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. This contest is offered only in the Area and is governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Multnomah County, Oregon.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By accepting the prize, winner agrees that (a) the Contest Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All entrants understand and agree that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube are not in any way connected or associated with this contest and that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube do not sponsor, endorse, or administer this contest. Each entrant understands that it is providing the information to Sponsor through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube from any and all claims related to this Contest. Except if winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation