Lead Unity Game Developer at Rose City Games (Portland, OR)
If you have extensive experience in game development, if you thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and if you love working in small teams, we’d love to meet you!
Rose City Games is an up-and-coming indie studio specializing in the development of new and existing IPs to tell awesome stories through games. Our mission is to make better games by assembling teams of passionate developers for whom hard work, authenticity, and creativity are top priorities. We recently announced our partnership with publisher VIZ Media to create three original game titles, and we’re looking for a Lead Unity Game Developer to join us! We are based out of a shared co-working office space with other creative tech companies and game developers in the historical Ladd’s Addition neighborhood of SE Portland.
This is a full-time, 90 day contract-to-hire position and our only available job opportunity at this time.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Unity and C# development
- Credit on at least one commercial game project
- Broad experience across many areas of game development
- Ability to develop compelling user experiences in 2D games
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and comfort working in a small, collaborative team environment
- Local resident or willing to relocate to the Portland area
- Write high quality, maintainable, and performant C# code
- Reinforce a high standard for cleanly implementing game systems and content
- Work closely with our content team, including our designers and artists, to implement new systems and features
- Work closely with our content and quality assurance teams to track down and fix bugs
- Identify and test new tools and engine capabilities
- Research and drive practical adoption of cutting-edge Unity features
- Experience with Steamworks partner tools and features
- Experience with porting to console (PS4, Switch, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media platforms, technical writing, and a strong desire to share stories about process, innovation, and design to enrich the gamedev community
- Experience with Wwise or similar middleware software
- Shipped more than one game on Steam, Consoles, or App Store / Google Play
- Extensive knowledge of and experience playing games, new and old, indie and AAA, and a variety of genres
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, medical benefits, and unlimited paid time off
- Clear communication and expectations to allow for work and life balance
- Opportunities for revenue share
- Interesting, varied internal and client projects involving a range of game genres, technologies, partnerships, creative feedback systems, and collaborators
- Opportunities to travel to game conventions and conferences
To apply, send a personal statement, portfolio, resume, and links to games you have worked on to email@example.com. Please make sure you include names and contact info for personal and professional references!
We will reach out to prospective candidates by the end of May, 2018.